Thursday, May 27, 2010

Exotic creatures!



So I once heard necessity is the mother of invention. I'd like to submit that stupidity is its dad or uncle or wacky cousin or something. Here we have a specimen from a very long period of time spent on the road with friends.

Originally, it was going to be a giraffe, but tip-of-the-tongue syndrome kept the shape of its head juuuust out of reach. We were all waving our hands in the air, finger-sketching our ideas of what a giraffe should look like, but I never quite got it.

"All right, enough is enough," I said. "It will have the head of a lion."

And then, suddenly, this completely plausible and effortlessly majestic creature appeared.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

...uh...

Hey, what on earth is this thing?


3 comments:

  1. So, I thought it best to tell you that I've hired you to illustrate my children's book when I get around to writing it in a decade not too far from this one. That's all.
    -William, FROM THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob: I like it! That is a much simpler name than the one I was trying to think of. XD

    Willie: I can almost imagine it already, and must tell you that any children's book you write will be INCREDIBLE. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete